Friday, August 20, 2010

Affliction

a poem written for my literature class..........

Affliction


The shadow of the night caves in down on me.
My eyes beguiled by the thousand words of free
My heart is lock, wedging out the vivid memories

The first time I caught his semblance
My eyes were mystified, he was my all stance
He was the moonlight in the cloudy sky
The sunlight in the darkest time

He had sung the songs of stars
He had travelled the world of sands
He had searched for the sweetest lime
He had come across of every sublime
But he had offered me his precious love.

And here I am, frantic as the frozen glass
Crippled in the layers of contrast
And here I am standing in the Pisa
Puzzled as the painting of Monalisa
I have nothing to give

I refused to dance in his rain
For I have no time to stand in vain
I had abandoned Love and closed the gates

I had broke his heart
And stole his sparks
Winter and Fall has passed away
But the aches still remain

I saw him once again
I followed him in sight
to where I wished he'd stop.
But tears suddenly climb down
His hands collided with the hands of another

My almost numb skin, dripping and shriveled
Why does it hurt? Why this terrifying sound of beats?
And now as we crossed the paths
He walked past me just like the wind

Cupid, why are you such a fool?
Why struck the arrow in the wrong time?
This bitter sweet love has caused pain
Love, love, love! Why is something so wonderful so despised?

All I have are traces of sadness, and cruel is the day,
Now the memories of him and me locked in ray
Become a fleeting castle in the sky of gray



0 comments:

Post a Comment